Maybe God wishes to teach me a thousand new things, move me from being in a thousand different directions to just ONE, and show me a thousand reasons to BLESS his name. Maybe that is why He moved me 1,000 miles away.

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Why I'm up at 4:20AM

It's been over 5 years since I've been through this and I forgot about the annoying late pregnancy things like "practice labor contractions" that are just uncomfortable enough to keep you awake, but not effective enough to get the job done.

Tomorrow is a full day with piano lessons for all three kids, Little Gym class, Figure Skating lesson and Hockey practice. I'll sneak a nap in there at some point....or perhaps I shouldn't as it seems that labor starts when you are most exausted and the house is at it's messiest. Tomorrow, then should be a good day, as I still have the sink full of dishes to be washed.

I'm way past that "oh you look so cute" pregnant stage, and the kids and I noticed that when we are out and about we get outright stares. I do look and walk like I should be on my way to the hospital. Jackson saw me carrying a load of laundry in an awkward position and said, "that is the only way you can do it now? Pretty soon if your turned sideways you wouldn't be able to fit through doorways." Chloe tries to protect me from such comments by glaring at him and informing him that it is so mean to say such things....but I think Jackson is impressed with my girth.

7 comments:

Pam said...

Funny.

Instead of the date, maybe we should start taking bets on this baby's weight.

Praying this super-star comes soon.

deb said...

Just make sure you enjoy every single second because it will be over way too soon and you will desparately miss the beautiful miracle of pregnancy.

heh heh

Put Roy on alert. I think today is the day. The messy house is the trigger. Yipee!

2and2is6 said...

Lily would love to share her birthday with your new little guy- we'll be praying today that it's today ( Sara S was having contractions today!)

2and2is6 said...

by the way- we think a PHOTO is in order!!!!

Kerri said...

Twizzler,

I can always count on you to help me see the sentimental side of things.

2and2 -- there will be NO PICTURES. NO PICTURES!!!

2and2is6 said...

oh CHLOEEEEE- hope you're feeling better and will you PLEEEEEASE take a pic of your mom and secretly send it to us???? Jordyn's planning to call you later today- missing you so much- she listens to some old voice mails we saved (rap and chipmunk song) whenever she's sad for you)

Skittles said...

It's finally born! Yippee! Put a picture of him on your blog please?!