Monday, November 17, 2008
- When you have 6 loads of laundry heaped like hay stacks in the family room.
- When the pots and pans from the night before are not yet washed and you forgot to run a full dishwasher.
- When the baby woke you up three times and another kid woke you up an additional time from a nightmare.
- When it is raining and gloomy outside for the 6th day in a row.
- When the dog came in from being let outside and obviously rolled in something so disgusting that a bath is required.
- When you are out of peanut butter, bread, and apples.
When all these apply on a Monday? Forget it. These are the days where I either see it as an opportunity to develop perseverence, or a day to scrap most of the day and do laundry and play risk. Making that decision is not taken lightly, as I do not want to still have school days and things to be learned into June. I compromised: We did everything but history and science, we went to the grocery store over lunch hour, I took a nap during baby's nap and kid's independent work, the dog spent lots of time outside and I had a dose of caffine.
Monday, November 10, 2008
Saturday, November 8, 2008
She cleaned it up and it is now in the living room serving as a hotel for all of the 63 or so pet shop toys. It has been a rainy week, but hardly noticed by Audrey (and Chloe and even Jackson -- what a brother!) who have all had some "fun" playing pet shops. Even Benjamin likes to take the bunny out of the mini van and turn it over and spin the wheels. Yeah for Chloe for making old toys feel like new again!
13 and 11 year olds put quite a creative spin on the game with their interesting imagination...but Audrey outdoes them all with her zany-ness and we all have to sit back, laugh and wonder where she got it from......
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Saturday, November 1, 2008
They are such good buddies. Warms my heart, it does.