1. If you plan on getting your car washed after filling it up with gas, think again. No car washes at gas stations.
2. When merging onto a highway from an enterance ramp, be prepared to stop at a stop sign.
3. Kids swim in creeks, not lakes.
4. A very bad day is NOT horrible....it's "Haarable". The word is commonly used and never pronounced correctly.
5. Weekends are spent at the "shore" rather than the beach.
6. I have yet to find a grocery store where you bag your own groceries.
7. There is ONE target for a population of near 800,000.
8. Drivers will stop in the middle of a road (no stop sign present) to let you enter the road from a parking lot.
9. People eat hotdogs from a place called "yocco's".
10. Names of towns nearby: Trexlertown, Shnecksville, Catasaucua, Kutztown
11. Popular last names in the Lehigh Valley: Schaffer, Schermerhorn, Shoohooven, any name beginning with Van
12. A visit to the zoo means you wind up a mountain to get there and ford a creek to exit.
13. PA natives believe all bad drivers must be from Jersey. All Jersey implants think the bad drivers are the PA natives.
14. Houses put candles in all the windows. It's quite quaint and welcoming.
15. Many houses have a large metal star hanging on the front.
16. I think every town has a local "Diner", and most all restaurants are family owned, rather than a franchise.
17. No one ever takes off their shoes when they enter a home.
More to come...