- When you have 6 loads of laundry heaped like hay stacks in the family room.
- When the pots and pans from the night before are not yet washed and you forgot to run a full dishwasher.
- When the baby woke you up three times and another kid woke you up an additional time from a nightmare.
- When it is raining and gloomy outside for the 6th day in a row.
- When the dog came in from being let outside and obviously rolled in something so disgusting that a bath is required.
- When you are out of peanut butter, bread, and apples.
When all these apply on a Monday? Forget it. These are the days where I either see it as an opportunity to develop perseverence, or a day to scrap most of the day and do laundry and play risk. Making that decision is not taken lightly, as I do not want to still have school days and things to be learned into June. I compromised: We did everything but history and science, we went to the grocery store over lunch hour, I took a nap during baby's nap and kid's independent work, the dog spent lots of time outside and I had a dose of caffine.