Maybe God wishes to teach me a thousand new things, move me from being in a thousand different directions to just ONE, and show me a thousand reasons to BLESS his name. Maybe that is why He moved me 1,000 miles away.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

A special day with my daughter

Audrey and I held hands and felt the delightful freedom -- no big kids or baby interrupting our conversations. This day was just our own!

We walked hand in hand down the street to the Ice House. Converted into a small theatre, it was hosting a play by the Pennsylvania Youth Theatre called, "Charlottes Web". The building was still genuine enough to realize that it did indeed once hold ice harvested from the spring it was situated against.

Snuggles, laughs, smiles, side glances...all were shared together as we watched the production.
Afterwards we played together at the park beside the Ice House and walked a bit on the trail.

Without her brothers and sister to help chase her around the playground, we ran out of fun in about an hour so we headed to our favorite toy store on Main Street.

A cute baby chipmunk calico critter joined us as we left -- something to add to her collection and remind her of a day which was long over due...a day just for us two!

2 comments:

RealMom4Life said...

That is awesome. Those are the special times to treasure. We miss Audrey, I can't believe she'll be 7 this summer!!!

Anonymous said...

I love kid dates.

How fun. I would love to see the Ice House...